FOFC is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization. We have no paid staff and no facility, so less than 6% of our annual budget is spent on operating costs. A total of 94% of every donated dollar is applied to the children's needs.
Various fundraisers and gift collections throughout the year are designed to help foster children in residential treatment centers in the San Gabriel Valley. We also assist newly emancipated foster teens as they learn to set up their own homes, continue their education, and begin their journey of being self-supporting.
Who Do We Support?
We support a variety of residential treatment centers at different levels. Some receive assistance all year while others are only at Christmas time. The centers are as follows:
- Ettie Lee Youth & Family Services
- Foster/Kinship Care Education & Independent Living Programs at PCC
- Hathaway-Sycamore Child & Family Services
- Helen Evans Home
- Hope House for the Multiple-Handicapped
- Haynes Family of Programs
- Victor Treatment Centers
- Transitional Independent Living Program (TILP)
- Trinity Youth Services - El Monte
- Youth Moving On Peer Resource Center
Simple Ways to Support FOFC
- United Way Donation Program – Designate your United Way contribution to Friends of Foster Children, San Gabriel Valley
- Used printer cartridges – Cartridges are turned in for store credits, which are used to purchase school supplies.
- Amazon Smile – On Amazon, please register for the Amazon Smiles Program and designate Friends of Foster Children, San Gabriel Valley as your charity of choice. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to FOFC.
- Ralphs Community Contribution Program – Register your Ralphs Rewards card to our organization, and Ralphs will donate a percentage of your spending to FOFC. Our non-profit organization (NPO) number is 92558.
Do you like this page?